Walking With God
Genesis 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
- Walking with God speaks of Commuting – prior to the transportation modes of today, people walked
- Walking with God speaks of Communion – they were not walking alone; there was a partnership
- Walking with God speaks of Consecration – set apart; we walk with Him; it’s not a group thing
Interesting Notes: Both Enoch and Noah was said to walk with God. So what does that tell us?
- Walking with God is different from going to church.
- Walking with God is not going to Sunday School, revivals, Bible Conferences, etc.
- Walking with God different from involvement in ministry.
- Walking with God is not soulwinning, working in the bus ministry.
- Walking with God is not giving money to the church.
- Walking with God is not singing in the choir or singing specials.
- Walking with God is not writing books, passing out tracts
So – What does it mean to walk with God?
I. Pray without Ceasing
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
- Psalms 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
II. Meditate on God’s Word without Ceasing
- Psalms 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
III. Do my job as unto the Lord
- Ephesians 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
IV. Every step I take should be done with God in mind
- Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
V. Everything I eat or drink should be done to glorify God.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
VI. Talk to my children about the Lord all day
- 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
- 6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
- 7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
- 8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
- 9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.